Interesting Thesis Statement Examples for Your Essay
Working on your high school essay and confused about writing a strong thesis statement?
Most of the students find this a daunting task. But don’t worry. You have reached the right place.
Read the blog to get an idea of writing a good thesis statement with these thesis statement examples.
What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement provides a brief overview of your research work. It helps to summarize and present the main topic and argument of the essay. Though it comes after the introductory paragraph, it is advisable to write it after finish writing the entire essay.
However, avoid adding all the main points in this section. A solid thesis statement only gives a hint about the overall idea that motivates the reader to read more.
It is an integral part of the research outline and every essay is incomplete without it. Moreover, this statement of fact should give a direction to your introduction and body paragraphs.
Every type of writing piece either an essay or a research paper, both require a thesis statement. Nevertheless, an essay is less detailed than a research paper. To write a thesis statement for an essay, it can be written in two methods.
- Direct method
- Indirect method
Both are acceptable. It is up to the writer which approach he wants to choose.
How to Write A Thesis Statement?
Writing a thesis statement for your narrative, persuasive, and argumentative paper is as important as the entire paper itself. Therefore, it is beneficial to get a deeper knowledge of it beforehand
It follows a quite simple format that focuses on the main research question. Read the below-mentioned guidelines to write one.
- Try to be brief and concise
- Avoid adding too much information into it
- Keep it focused on the central argument
- This section comes after the introduction
- Write it after completing the essay so that you will have a better idea of what you have discussed
- Try to make it informative and interesting
Now let us discuss some examples for you to get an idea
Great Thesis Statement Examples
We have listed some good thesis statement examples for you to get a comprehensive understanding. You can also use them for your argumentative thesis along with other types of research essays. These are given below.
- Americans should include yoga to their daily routine as it helps to maintain body weight and blood pressure levels.
- Alcohol consumption has adverse impacts on your health, such as heart and liver diseases along with weight gain.
- Reading enhances comprehension skills and vocabulary. It also helps to expose people to new experiences they might not otherwise encounter.
- Retirees should move to Florida, where about 75% of the American population prefers to settle. It will provide a chance to develop new relationships and friendships
- The internet is a means to connect people around the globe by promoting new friendships. It also helps to exchange new ideas.
- Organ donors must be financially remunerated for their act of self-sacrifice.
- Many youngsters are not able to vaccinate because of diseases. Thus, we must require every healthy and able child to be vaccinated for them to have a strong immune system.
- Magazines have introduced a large number of models in the past five years. But it still needs a lot to promote a healthy body's image as a culture.
- University athletes must be paid for their services to the institute, as it is tough for them to obtain a job with a busy educational and athletic plans.
- A large group of people in an office environment leads to more valuable ideas, greater teamwork and higher empathy among people of different cultures or backgrounds.
- Studying abroad is one of the most valuable experiences where you can successfully indulge yourself in another language. Moreover, it also helps you to analyze how other cultures and nations differ from yours.
- Americans can avoid daily fast-food consumption because it may lead to harmful health problems such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
- Homeless people should be given access to aids like food donations, camping facilities, and common restrooms because it would improve their quality of life
- Government surveillance plans such as PRISM must be banned because they violate civil liberties, causing innocent people to suffer illegal penalties, and failed to protect the residents.
- For decreasing cyberbullying-related online activities, school authorities should exercise their power to control students who are involved in cyberbullying.
- Granting international assistance to African countries does more harm than good because the practice has made them vulnerable to inflation, fluctuations in currencies, corruption, and civil unrest.
- Homeschooling can be an effective and better educational option for many children. It helps the children focus on their special talents and strengths and work to strengthen them.
- Although there is a lot of useful information on the internet, parents still should control their children's use of the internet. It is because they get easily distracted by spending more time on malicious websites. Moreover, it also limits their social interaction.
- The abortions should be authorized as women should have the right to make choices about their bodies
- The production of cigarettes should reduce by 90%. A notable decrease in the production of tobacco will lead to less demand for it. As the price rises, the supply will decrease, and people can not afford to purchase it.
- The method of motivating the children by paying them to get good grades can be a model of the real-world situation. If you're working hard and achieving good results, you'll get paid accordingly. This way of encouraging is appropriate and parents can use it.
- Even though atheists do not hold the guidance of good behavior, they are still not less ethical than theists. They have their personal sense of morality and socially defined rules to distinguish good actions from bad ones.
- Even though there are some cases of successful individuals without a university degree, everyone should go through this self-development stage. The college years provide you the knowledge, develop skills, and connect you with different famous personalities who can support you to grow in the future.
- We should wear school uniforms because they would maintain discipline, is cheaper than other clothes, and help create school pride.
- Zoos should be banned because animals have to live in the wild. Zoos are unable to give animals natural environments, and they get sick and die.
- It is a well-known fact that our living standards highly depend on renewable energy sources. Modern technologies have progressed to such a degree that everything we use nowadays needs energy.
- Horror movies, detective stories, and amusement parks are all ways in which human beings strive to feel the thrill.
- The human race should move to Mars where problems like conflict, hunger, and illness can be eliminated with comprehensive planning.
- People who stick to nutritional programs without refined sugar have lower cancer incidences and live longer lives.
- Testing veterinary medicine is a necessary evil, but it is the only way to save lives, cure illnesses, and become healthier as a society.
This blog has provided you with everything to get started with your thesis statement. However, if you still need any help, taking help from professional essay writers is a good option
The writing professionals at 5StarEssays are here to help you with your writing assignments. Similarly, you're always guaranteed 100% original research and error-free original writing. It is because our team of writers has years of experience in providing high-quality essays.
Thus, feel free to contact us for placing your order.