50+ Demonstration Speech Ideas for Your Next Great Speech
Need help writing your demonstration speech?
Don't know how to find good demonstration speech ideas for your speech?
Don’t worry, we are here to provide some useful demonstration speech topics that you can use for your speech.
- 1. What is a Demonstration Speech?
- 2. Easy Demonstration Speech Ideas and Topics
- 2.1 Demonstration Speech Ideas for College Students
- 2.2 Demonstration Speech Ideas With Food
- 2.3 5 Minute Demonstration Speech Ideas for Middle School
- 2.4 Funny Demonstration Speech Ideas for High School
- 3. How to Create your Demonstration Speech Outline?
1. What is a Demonstration Speech?
A demonstrative speech is probably the simplest and easiest of the types of speeches. This type of speech is fairly common in middle and high school. Through this, the students learn how to analyze a system or method of anything, and present it clearly.
It is a type of informative speech and the students get a chance to work on their writing and analytical skills.
A good speech inspires and engages the audience to agree with your ideas and points. It details everything step by step and makes it easier for people to understand. Speech writing is different than writing an essay and this is why you should go through some samples and speech writing tips before starting.
Since a demonstrative speech is based on showing or telling the process of something. It could be anything and the speakers use visual aids like power point presentations, charts and graphs and handouts to clarify their topic.
These speeches are part of professional life also. Especially if the business deals in electronics and other similar products.
The complexity of the topics depends on the academic level and the field of study. For students in school and college students, the topics will not be that difficult. However, in mechanical fields, the same demonstrative speech becomes difficult and complex.
2. Easy Demonstration Speech Ideas and Topics
As we said before, the topics and their difficulty depend on your field of study and class. Good public speaking and speech writing ideas are engaging and according to the target audience.
Speech topics that are different than what the target audience expects, does not have the desired results and you can go to waste. Below, we have added some good topics and ideas for demonstration speeches topic for you to choose for you next middle and high school speech event.
2.1 Demonstration Speech Ideas for College Students
- How to write a compelling research paper
- How to learn horse riding
- How to lower blood pressure in 30 minutes
- How to plan a party successfully
- What is a scrapbook and how to make one for yourself
- 5 most useful yoga postures and how to do them
- How to make scented candles
- What is interior designing? how to design a room with flowers and candles
- How to make a DIY table centrepiece
- How to write a killing personal statement for admission
- How to build a hammock
- What is meditation? 5 steps for beginners to start meditation
- What is a ballroom? how to be a good ballroom dancer
- Easy step to learn salsa
- How to make bath salts at home
- How to create a Halloween mask?
- How to use your breath when you sing?
- Steps to writing a business-like letter.
- How can a writer use the content of articles without violating their copyrights?
- Ways to prepare invisible ink to write secret messages.
2.2 Demonstration Speech Ideas With Food
- How to pick out the best wedding cake?
- What are some basics of wine tasting?
- What are some useful tips to barbecue?
- Making traditional soup in your region.
- How to make fondant for cakes?
- Different ways to make chilli?
- How to make pasta from scratch?
- How to bake a cake without an oven
- What is Kimchi? How to make it?
- How to make biscuits in a pan?
- How to become a pro at using chopsticks?
- How to debone a fish and make fillets?
- How to make cotton candy without the machine?
- Safety measures for learning while cooking.
- How to make fresh jam at home?
- How to make Irish Coffee?
- What are the steps involved in making Banana pudding?
- How is a wedding cake decorated?
- How to make a real Italian pizza with classic recipes?
- Different ways to count calories and make healthier choices.
2.3 5 Minute Demonstration Speech Ideas for Middle School
- How To Color And Paint Easter Eggs
- What Is Stretching? How To Use It To Relieve The Muscles And Relax
- How To Build A Sandcastle
- Soap Carving: How To Carve Soaps
- How To Work With Mosaics
- What Is A Bonsai Tree? How To Grow And Manage A Bonsai Tree
- How To Crochet A Handbag
- What Is A Rubik’s Cube? How To Solve It Successfully
- How To Edit Photographs In Photoshop
- What Is A Stained Glass? How To Make One For Your Room
- What Is Sculpting? How To Sculpt In Ice
- How To Make A Natural Perfume At Home
- What Is Graffiti? How To Make It At Home
- How To Use A Telescope
- How to teach parrots to talk?
- Ways to select the proper running shoes for recreational walks.
- How a student can practice active listening communication techniques.
- How to pick a colour scheme and palette.
- How can an individual register himself for voting?
- What are the ways to learn to play a computer game?
2.4 Funny Demonstration Speech Ideas for High School
- How to memorize lectures as easily as lyrics?
- How to lie keeping a straight face?
- How to win a food eating challenge?
- How to pretend to pay attention in class?
- How to cheat in an exam?
- How to blame everything on your horoscope?
- How to change a baby’s diaper?
- How to be impolite with someone you don’t like?
- How to plan your wedding without losing your mind?
- How to dress like barbie?
- Ways to identify if a Louis Vuitton bag is authentic.
- How to learn breakdance tricks and street moves.
- How to make twirling confetti eggs for parties and events.
- How to choose tasty French champagne?
- How to get rid of roaches, mice and other pests?
- How to avoid making eye contact with your ex?
- How to learn breakdance?
- How to dress like a princess?
- How to prepare a presentation you forgot all about
- The best way to eat a deviled egg without being messy
These were some good demonstration speech topics for kids and college students. All of these topic ideas make a great demonstrative speech. See how each of them is based on some method and explains the technique of doing a specific thing. You can use them for your speech or use them to come up with your own idea.
3. How to Create your Demonstration Speech Outline?
Creating an outline is not important for your easy only. For a successful and good speech, you must have a detailed outline. If you are new to speech then you must be thinking that why having an outline is important. An outline organizes your thoughts and helps you stay in line with them.
To make the speech writing and persuasive speech writing easy and simple, research the topics carefully and prepare the outline before starting the writing process.
3.1 Find out the Duration of the Speech
The duration of a speech is the first thing that you need to consider before making the outline. It is important because then you will know how much time you will have for your speech. Lengthy speeches that do beyond your allocated time will lose its effect.
Similarly, it will also tell the target audience how they will benefit from the knowledge you are about to share.
In case you don't know if your speech fits in the given time limit, use words to minutes converter.
3.2 Know Your Target Audience
Knowing about your audience is necessary if you do not want your hard work and efforts go waste. The topic and speech should be engaging for them and they should be able to understand it clearly.
For example, the scientific community and students will not be interested in engineering or psychological topics. Similarly, the people related to the arts will not be interested in the latest science invention or anything. Therefore, try to choose a topic that may interest them.
3.3 Describe the Main Topic Briefly
At the beginning of the speech, you should describe the main topic and your point of view briefly. Give an overview of the subject and why you choose it for your speech topic. After, describe the whole process step by step. If you are using visual aids like handouts, it is time to hand them out to your audience. Make sure that they are easy to read and understand.
A great way of presenting the overview is by using a diagram that illustrates the steps involved. Along with it, you can also list the prerequisites needed for the task.
3.4 Proofread the Entire Speech
Just because it is a speech, it does not mean that you should not proofread it. Proofreading is a must. Read the entire outline and speech to see if everything is going on properly. Review all the points and ideas carefully and make changes, if necessary.
You can also ask someone from your friends or can also hire professionals to proofread it for you.
3.5 Rehearse your Speech
Before the big day, rehearse the speech. Remember that you will be demonstrating the entire speech. If you have chosen a simple process like baking a cake or making paper shapes then you can work alone. However, if the topic is a bit complex or you think that you won’t be able to do it yourself, then it is better to have a partner.
Having a partner will make the process even engaging and you will be able to demonstrate your speech properly.
Get Professional Speech Writing Help
Worried that you won't be able to write a good speech? Don't be and hand it over to 5StarEssays. We are a professional writing help company that offers topnotch and creative speeches for all subjects and topics. Contact us to buy speeches online written by experts and professionals.