By: Cordon J.
5 min read
Reviewed By: Jacklyn H.
Published on: Feb 15, 2022
‘How can I write a memorable graduation speech?’
This is a common question among graduating students. Graduation or the commencement day is an important day in the life of the students. If you are one of the students who are chosen to give the graduation speech from your batch and you must be anxious about it.
It is completely normal.
Writing a graduation speech is tough, provided that you are given limited time and you have a lot more to say, writing it could be more than difficult. However, we are here to help you with it. This blog will help you with it.
We have explained everything here and by following the tips given here, you can write a memorable speech easily.
On this Page
The graduation speech is a commencement speech given by one of the students of the batch. If you are chosen for it then it is your chance to shine and leave a mark on the audience.
You have been preparing for this day ever since you have been told that it is you who would be giving the speech. And the time is here now.
Ideally, your speech should be short but long enough to cover all the important points and ideas. The graduation ceremony is the time to celebrate your success and cherish all the moments and time you had in college.
It is your chance to share your experience and views about spending time in college. And for a good speech, it should have a good balance of humor and seriousness.
Here are the key elements of a graduation speech;
A good graduation speech must have all of these elements for a greater and everlasting effect.
Here is how to create the outline for your graduation speech;
1. Be Grateful - Show gratitude and thank the speaker who came before you. Thank your teacher and principal for the work they did for the school and for you.
2. Tell about Yourself - Introduce yourself and tell the audience about who you are. This includes your full name and class.
3. Begin the Speech with a Quote - Begin your speech with an inspirational quote or saying. This will set the stage for your speech and it will help you in bringing everyone together also.
4. Share a Good Advice - Give good advice or share a good thought that you would like to add at this auspicious moment. Address the new students and talk to them about some of the challenges they might have to face.
5. Recollect Good Experiences - Don’t forget to talk about the good and memorable moments you had in college. Talk about them and how they helped you develop into a better person.
6. Restate the Quote - Restate the quote that you had begun your speech with and revert back to it. Explain how it is relevant to your speech and ideas.
7. Add a Call to Action - End the speech with an appropriate call to action for the new students. This will help them in staying engaged and focused.
8. Thank the Audience - Once the speech ends, thank the audience.
By following this outline, you will be able to create a good outline for your graduation speech.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Here are the top 8 tips to write a great and memorable graduation speech;
1. Begin by Thanking Someone - This ‘someone’ could be anyone like the parents, teachers, and friends. Thank them for appreciating the role they had played in your development.
2. Do Not Talk about Yourself Excessively - Yes, we know that you are happy to graduate and to be selected to give the speech but, think beyond it. Talk about your classmates and appreciate their support and presence throughout the tenure.
3. Google other Speeches - Before writing your own, it is a good idea to Google some other speeches given by famous people. You can also check the speeches of the previous graduates that you may find in the library.
4. Keep it Short - No one is here for the entire day. This is why make sure that you do not make it unnecessarily lengthy. Stay relevant and try to say more in fewer words.
5. Choose Your Words Carefully - Do not say anything that you would regret in the coming years. Do not try to call out any fellow student, teacher, or anyone else. It would be a bad decision and one that you would regret afterward.
6. Try to be Inspirational - Try to inspire your fellow students by sharing your aspirations and the experience life is about to bring in your way. This will inspire them to do something great in their lives.
7. Use the Quotes Sparingly - Instead of filling your speech with the quotes, use them sparingly and only those that are 100% relevant to your topic. Otherwise, stay original and do not add any quotes.
8. End the Speech with an Important Note - End your speech with an interesting and inspirational note. Be specific and make sure that you are leaving something valuable for the audience.
By following these steps, you will be able to write your speech properly.
Here is a sample graduation speech for you;
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Here are some graduation speech ideas and topics for your speech;
Writing a graduation speech is an important part of the graduation ceremony. By following the steps given here, you will be able to write one successfully and on time.
Still, need help? Contact 5StarEssays.com for the best "write my essay" services.
Cordon. is a published author and writing specialist. He has worked in the publishing industry for many years, providing writing services and digital content. His own writing career began with a focus on literature and linguistics, which he continues to pursue. Cordon is an engaging and professional individual, always looking to help others achieve their goals.
100+ Motivational Speech Topics for an Inspirational Speech
People Also Read