Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
Research paper writing is an essential part of education. It is necessary because it helps the students to develop a critical view of different issues of life and society. In addition to that, research writing enables students to develop their argumentative and persuasive skills.
The foremost step of the research paper writing process is selecting the topic. Teachers do not provide research topics to students and give them the freedom to go with something that interests them.
The purpose is that teachers want to assess the student’s ability from their writing. This can be done without forcing a difficult topic on them. While selecting the topics, students must ensure not to opt for a topic they can easily find information on. But with something for which you can craft an interesting and debatable thesis statement.
Selecting a perfect topic seems like a problem to almost all students. Every other topic seems interesting at first glance. However, that same topic becomes too difficult when the students research the details and existing information about it.
Don’t worry. Our writers compile a great list of topics that you can use for your help.
Research Paper Topics for Different Education Levels
We have categorized topics for different education levels to cater to the needs of all students.
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- How can we protect our environment?
- How is instant messaging affecting literacy?
- Effective ways of achieving your academic goals.
- A movie that influenced its generation.
- Always choose a good idea or topic to write about.
- Standardized tests aren’t a useful measure to judge a student’s capabilities.
- Pros and cons of going completely vegan.
- What is the impact of diversity on a society’s development and progress?
- What is the role of music in soothing someone?
- How to choose an easy research paper topic?
- Significance of learning different languages.
- Importance of physical activities.
- Bullying and its effects on mental health.
- How do learning techniques influence learning behavior?
- Pros and cons of distant learning.
High School Research Paper Topics
- Should school students choose a controversial topic?
- Should prayer be a part of high school?
- Do kids focus better in same-sex schools?
- Should the government control what is served in school cafeterias?
- Does anyone ever use math formulas in real life?
- Should high schools make their students undergo leadership training?
- The high school curriculum should include subjects related to real life. Discuss.
- Examine the jail system of China.
- Discuss Plato’s philosophy regarding maths and how did he contribute to it?
- What are the psychological effects of the Holocaust on the survivors?
- Writing a research paper and improving your skills.
- Media coverage of the Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Significance of Industrial Revolution.
- Significance of being Nuclear Power in the world.
- How can poverty be eradicated from underdeveloped countries?
College Research Paper Topics
- 4-year college degree vs. 2-year degree.
- Distance learning and its usefulness.
- How should students plan for college tuition?
- How does substance abuse affect the performance of college students?
- Can an average person become a politician, and how?
- IELTS Vs. TOEFL.
- Children should choose those subjects that interest them. Agreed?
- Colleges should have education consultants to help the students.
- College dropouts are more likely to become billionaires. Do you agree?
- The College curriculum should include specific classes for boys and girls.
- Physical punishments and their impact on children.
- Importance of getting a degree in professional life.
- How to be successful in life?
- Emerging graduate programs.
- The flawed education system of the United States.
Research Paper Topics for 2022
Are you looking for the latest research paper topic ideas for different fields? The following list created by the professional writers of 5StarEssays.com will be helpful.
History Research Paper Topics
- How did the Civil War impact the history of the United States of America?
- What were the prominent features of the Roman Empire?
- Explain the havoc caused by World War II.
- How did the depression era contribute to the change in the ideology of the general population?
- Was Martin Luther King really a reformist?
- Is racial discrimination still a part of American society?
- Compare and contrast between the Neolithic period and the stone age.
- Discuss the French Revolution in detail.
- What is Hippie culture? Trace and explain its origins and influences.
- What is the significance of the Battle of Hastings in the history of England?
- History and origin of Feminism.
- Political events that fueled up WWII.
- The use of propaganda by Hitler.
- The similarities and differences in the literature of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Causes and effects of the War on Terror.
You can also get more history research topics here for your academic assignment.
Art Research Paper Topics
- Differentiate between the achievements of the Northern Renaissance and the Italian Renaissance.
- Is the media portrayal of minorities realistic?
- How did Rap music become a part of American society?
- How did the music brought by the slave community become dominant in modern American society?
- How is racism being highlighted by the media?
- What is the history of ice sculpting? Explain with reference to popular ice sculptures.
- Discuss the symbolism in Da Vinci’s paintings.
- Discuss the origin of Salsa and other types of dances.
- What is the significance of the ancient stone drawings?
- How do different movements impact the culture and art of that era?
- Significance of Hitler’s artwork.
- William Blake’s contribution to literature.
- Depiction of beauty in Shakespeare’s plays.
- Romance and the portrayal of a relationship in the novels of the 19th century.
- Different techniques are used in painting landscapes.
Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Should the government allow any relaxation in Capital punishment?
- Why should the minimum legal drinking age be kept at eighteen years?
- Does drug legalization contribute to the increased crime rate?
- Should the constitutional amendment regarding gun control be amended again?
- Does police brutality contribute to the onset of hate crimes?
- Should abortion be counted as a crime? Defend your answer with solid arguments and proof.
- What are the main reasons behind human trafficking? How can it be controlled?
- How does child abuse lead to the making of criminals?
- What role do sociology and psychology play in criminal justice?
- How can social institutions contribute towards minimizing the crime rate?
- Causes and effects of mercy killing.
- Significance of death penalties.
- Reasons why bullying should be considered a crime.
- Should minors be treated as adult criminals for murders?
- Different techniques to interrogate crimes.
Business Research Paper Topics
- How has cyber-security emerged as a new business endeavor?
- Is e-business more profitable than traditional business?
- Do you think small business retailers compromise on business ethics?
- Pros and cons of online retail.
- Role of government organizations in white-collar crimes.
- Should the minimum wage rate be increased?
- What are the main causes behind the rise of entrepreneurial culture?
- Owning a business is the only way to total financial security. Agreed?
- Describe the different types of business models and ways to implement them successfully.
- Propose some profitable small business ideas.
- Should successful businessmen be helping new people in the market?
- The relation of demand in supply in the market.
- How do the political instabilities of the country influence businesses?
- Trending business ideas.
- How do different marketing techniques boost business?
Ethics Research Paper Topics
- Should gun control laws be revised?
- Pros and cons of Euthanasia
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized?
- Animal testing is against animal rights. Discuss.
- Do violent video games promote aggressiveness among children?
- How to minimize bullying in school?
- What are the reasons for a rise in plastic surgery trends in teenagers?
- Ethical implications in case someone sees their friend cheating on the exam.
- What are the consequences of merging religion with politics
- How to minimize ethnic hostility in college and university?
- Ways to minimize gun-related deaths in America.
- Causes and effects of the increase in the divorce rate.
- Significance of affirmative actions in the workplace.
- Should mercy killing be legal?
- Influence of stem cell research on medicine.
Health Research Paper Topics
- What are the health complications caused by abortion?
- Does drug abuse contribute to mental health issues?
- Is there any cure for Alzheimer's disease?
- Is obesity the main reason behind the onset of other chronic illnesses?
- Should teenagers be allowed to buy medication without a prescription?
- Discuss the negative effects of cosmetic surgery.
- What are the health disasters of crash diets?
- Anorexia in College Girls: Reasons and Ways to Minimize It
- Are health supplements necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- What vitamins are necessary for a healthy lifestyle and living?
- Causes and effects of obesity.
- How to treat PTSD?
- Similarities and differences between a panic attack and an anxiety attack.
- Natural way to treat bipolar disorder.
- How can sleep disorders lead to other mental problems?
Government Policy Research Paper Topics
- Should the government reform the policy regarding Juvenile Punishment?
- How is US airport security contributing to counterterrorism measures?
- Should the United States of America reform its Immigration policies?
- Is legalizing recreational marijuana providing any benefit to government organizations?
- Can prison reforms contribute to the low crime rate in the United States of America?
- What factors play a role in forming government policies?
- What are some of the new developments in the government policies of the US?
- What are the policy reforms that took place in Obama’s presidential era?
- What are the pros and cons of Obama’s Healthcare Act?
- How is Donald Trump working on the healthcare of the US?
- Barack Obama’s domestic policy.
- Effectiveness of country’s protection against terrorism policies.
- Comparison of Patriot Act One and Two.
- How do the needs of individuals contradict the needs of the state?
- The illegal immigration policy of the United States.
Environment Research Paper Topics
- How is human activity contributing to acid rain?
- Is deforestation contributing to global warming?
- Can hybrid vehicles ensure the control of pollution in the atmosphere?
- How can global warming be controlled?
- What are the main sources of marine pollution?
- How is the Greenhouse effect contributing to global warming?
- Discuss the role of Fauna and Flora in impacting the rainfall.
- Global warming is the key reason behind the increased rate of water disasters. Discuss.
- How to recycle waste to minimize global warming?
- Using degradable plastic helps minimize the hazards of plastic. Agreed?
- Climate change and global warming policy.
- Impact of oil spills on the environment.
- Causes and effects of water pollution.
- Effects of deforestation on climate.
- Significance of wildlife protection.
US History Research Paper Topics
- What was the cause of the great depression?
- American colonial era.
- Importance of Voting Act Rights for the blacks.
- Discuss the cause of the Civil war.
- Martin Luther King.
- Women’s suffrage movement.
- What are the main eras in US history?
- Discuss the effects of motivational speeches in influencing the US masses.
- Discuss Abraham Lincoln as a US President and the reasons behind his assassination.
- Describe the Battle of Chancellorsville and its impact.
- A critical analysis of “I Have a Dream” by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Cold War and its effects on the United States.
- US journalism during the Vietnam War.
- The American history of relationship with North Korea.
- The history of terrorist attacks in the United States.
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- How does divorce affect children?
- Interracial marriage.
- Gender inequality in a professional environment.
- Cause and effect of bullying.
- Does social media make individuals feel alone?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the nuclear family system.
- Are women molested more than men? Argue with solid facts.
- What effects do homosexuals have on modern society?
- What is feminism, and how is it affecting the modern family and society?
- What are the reasons behind the rising rate of divorce?
- Driverless cars and the evolution of transportation.
- The significance and impact of the women’s rights movement.
- Significance of religion in society.
- Traditional music Vs. modern music.
- Life in rural Vs. Urban areas.
Get more sociology research topics and choose the one that you find interesting.
Sports Research Paper Topics
- Importance of physical exercise in school.
- Mind Vs. Body. What is more important for sports?
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Should trans women play against men or women?
- Do sports influence an individual’s emotional well-being?
- Football vs. hockey, which sport do you prefer and why?
- What are the reasons behind the steroid culture in professional wrestlers?
- Should athletes consume steroids and other medicine to improve their performance?
- How do sports help us in sharpening our minds and doing better in our studies?
- Sports should be essential for every student. Discuss the reasons.
- The use of animals in sports.
- Doping in sports.
- Team sports and its effects on society.
- Cricket Vs. Hockey.
- Extreme sports of the world.
English Linguistics Research Paper Topics
- Discuss the theme of narcissism in the character of Dorian Gray.
- Discuss the elements of the literature in different eras.
- Discuss the theme of Carpe Diem in different poems.
- Describe why the poets and writers use similes and symbols in their works.
- Evaluate symbolism in two novels or plays.
- Compare Shakespeare and Marlowe as contemporaries.
- How has Kafka hinted at his strained relationship with his father in his works?
- It is said that literature is the true mirror of any era. How true is it?
- How does literature teach and inform about the different aspects of society?
- Discuss Milton and Blake as mystics.
- The usage of literary devices in famous pieces of literature.
- The depiction of beauty standards in the artwork of the 18th century.
- The portrayal of women in the literature of the 20th century.
- Romance in Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- Literature during the first World War Vs. the second.
Education Research Paper Topics
- Homeschooling is better than traditional schooling. Discuss.
- Physical education must be made mandatory in schools.
- Setting up a virtual education system will help increase the literacy rate.
- College dropouts are more likely to end up nowhere. Justify the claim.
- Education opportunities for girls are less than those for boys. Discuss the claim.
- Education among girls should be promoted.
- Government should give free education up to the university level. Discuss.
- How can we revolutionize education?
- What is the role of AI in developing the educational sector?
- Education should be made paperless. Discuss its pros and cons.
- How has Covid-19 influenced education?
- Education system of the underdeveloped countries.
- How to eradicate poverty through education?
- Right to education.
- Women's right to education in third world countries.
World History Research Paper Topics
- State and discuss the reasons behind the Rwandan genocide.
- Discuss Cleopatra as the most influential Egyptian queen.
- Discuss the rise and fall of Hitler.
- Who was Nero? What caused his downfall and demise?
- What was the significance of Arenas in the Roman Empire?
- Discuss Holocaust as one of the greatest tragedies in history.
- What is the role of women in the Industrial Revolution?
- How did Pompeii destroy? Discuss the causes of the destruction.
- What are the Stonehenges?
- Discuss some of the prehistoric fossils.
- The history of using nuclear weapons.
- Origin and formation of the world bank.
- The Cold War and its effects on the world.
- War on Terror and its effects on the world.
- How did the 9/11 incident change the politics of the world?
Social Media Research Paper Topics
- Is blogging becoming a legit profession?
- Does social media affect our relationships?
- Has social media brought people closer or distanced and disrupted them and their relationships?
- Should everyone in the world have the same access to social media?
- Should social media sites be banned in schools?
- How does social media impact our daily life?
- Is social media an end-to-end solution for small businesses?
- How do companies use different social platforms to find and hire talent?
- Social media is a necessity of life. How true is this statement?
- Social media is the new future of technology. Discuss.
- Is social media the source of spreading fake news?
- The use of social media for promoting businesses.
- How can social media accounts help judge people more accurately?
- How has social media affected the physical connections between people?
- The portrayal of minorities on different media platforms.
Computer Science Research Paper Topics
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
- The importance of open source software
- Robotic manipulation modeling
- Biomedical informatics and computational biology
- Artificial intelligence in computer vision
- What is the future of quantum computing?
- The role of antivirus/firewall solutions
- What are the major emerging technologies in computer science?
- Knowledge Processing
- Network anomaly detection in Cloud and IoT.
- Discuss how convex optimization is used in signal processing
- The internet of things and its impact on human life
- Do digital tools make us more or less productive at work?
- Natural language processing real-life applications
- Environments and programming languages
Zoology Research Paper Topics
- Man-eating animals
- Biodiversity of estuarine and fluvial fish
- Understanding animal behavior among predators.
- Dopamine modulation of honey bees
- An Asian elephant imitates human speech
- Human impact on red panda populations
- How do vaccines strengthen the immune response?
- Dogs, their talents and abilities
- Cooperative behavior in ant colonies
- Why do sharks get a bad reputation?
- The social movement of animal rights
- Animal habitats conservation
- Ethical treatment of animals
- Characteristics of Florida alligators
- What makes Shark attacks?
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How does child abuse impact the adulthood of an individual?
- Should Depression be treated as a mental health issue?
- Are Dreams related to reality?
- What is the condition that gives rise to Learning disabilities?
- Does Schizophrenia give rise to other mental health issues?
- Child abuse can give rise to various psychological problems.
- Psychological problems are directly related to the environment. Discuss.
- Psychopaths are the products of society's injustice.
- Psychological Problems and Superstition: Why do people still believe in it?
- Childhood counseling is the best way to ward off any mental illnesses.
- Freud’s contribution to the field of psychology.
- Chaucer’s insight into human behavior.
- Gender psychology.
- Traditional Vs. Modern conceptions of mental illness.
- How do self-image and culture relate to each other?
Here are some additional psychology research topics for your paper if you want more ideas.
Good Research Paper Topics
Below are some interesting yet impactful research paper topic ideas that make your topic selection process easy.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Should handguns be banned?
- Should parents monitor their child’s social media?
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- Has social media decreased our creativity?
- Money can’t buy happiness. True or false?
- 90% of the reasons behind divorce are from women. Discuss.
- Women and men are not given equal rights.
- Humans can live without food. Explain the breatharian trend.
- Consuming meat is a selfish act. Do you agree?
- A vegan diet is more healthy than a meat-based diet. How far is the statement true?
- Analysis of the most controversial ad campaigns.
- Is homosexuality a choice?
- Creationism Vs. Evolution
- Should children be spanked by their parents?
- Pros of animal testing.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Hunting should be tagged as immoral and should be banned.
- Animals should not be used in checking beauty and medical products.
- What is microchipping? Are microchipping pets an ethical and legal act?
- Euthanizing Pet Dogs: Pet dogs should be sent to sleep if they develop any biting tendencies. Discuss.
- Moving from the countryside to the city is essential for -personal growth and development. Discuss.
- Dogs are better pets than cats. Is it true?
- Habits are inbuilt and cannot be learned over time. Agreed?
- AI is essential for a better educational system. Discuss.
- Newspapers are more propaganda now, Agreed?
- Women should be allowed to work from home after having a baby. Discuss.
- Privatization of social security.
- Human torture in the name of interrogation should be banned.
- Euthanasia should be outlawed.
- Affirmative action is essential to ensure gender and racial equality
- The minimum labor wage should be increased.
Best Research paper Topics
- Difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- Do some religions oppress women?
- Ozone Layer in coming years.
- Future Of endangered species in America.
- Can we deal with plastic pollution wisely?
- Social media is essential in our daily lives. Discuss the pros and cons.
- Cow's milk is healthier than packaged milk. How true is this statement?
- Strict mothers have well-mannered kids.
- Body Sprays are hazardous to the environment.
- Kids should be allowed to play in the mud. Prove your point.
- Significance of recycling.
- Importance of career counseling of the students.
- Effectiveness of color therapy.
- Different cultures of the world.
- Significance of following the writing conventions.
Interesting Research Paper Topics
- Is our future in the hands of AI?
- Will Self Determination Theory ever be implied on robots?
- Is the Socratic method helpful for people with cognitive disabilities?
- When is the nearest supernova expected?
- Can the world come together to fight racism?
- Discuss the trend of surrogate mothers and the pros and cons of having them
- Homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt children. Agreed?
- What are the key reasons behind people not wanting to get married now?
- Kids should be left untamed and given a chance to discover their own ways.
- Minimalist living is a leap towards a more satisfied and clutter-free life.
- Treating mental illnesses through emotional support of animals.
- Why is platypus a unique mammal?
- History and origination of hip hop.
- The routine of a Buddhist monk.
- Reasons for the domestication of cats and dogs.
Controversial Research Paper Topics
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview
- Is obesity the new norm?
- Animal rights
- Children should not be allowed to use mobile phones.
- Is the death penalty efficient?
- Are Montessori schools a threat to public education?
- Is water fluoridation necessary?
- A life without store-bought toys: the benefits.
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- Equality is part of lawmaking, but does it work in practice?
- The distorted body image on social media.
- Native American sovereignty issues.
- The perks of fee-for-service medicine.
- Aging is actually super cool.
Tips for Choosing a Good Research Paper Topic
The following tips will help you find a good research topic for your next paper assignment.
- Explore Your Interest
- Government policy
- Culture and arts
- Psychology, etc.
- Explore the Research Material
- Keep Instructor’s Guidelines
Students have the freedom to choose the topics of their interest. So, the foremost step is to narrow down the field you are interested in. There are several research topics in subjects like:
Choose the one that interests you and is relevant to your field of study.
Once you have chosen the research question, find the perfect topic for your paper. For a start, shortlist some topics related to famous subjects and works.
For example, you can write about Harry Potter, for the subject of literature studies. And explore how the series added value to literary studies.
Most of the time, the instructors demand that the students pick the topic according to their subject. If such guidelines are shared, the business students should not choose history topics.
If you are still unsure about your interest, you can select some good research paper topics from the following ideas.
The above-presented topics are great if you are in writer’s block. If you are doubtful about your ability to craft a research paper, get help from the expert essay writers of 5StarEssays.com.
We are here 24/7 to talk to you and help you with your papers. Simply ask our writing service to ‘write my essay’ and get all your academic assignments written in no time.
Place your order now at the most reasonable prices and get the best work.