15+ Good Personal Statement Examples for Students
Writing a personal statement for college or university admission is not a simple task. Many students procrastinate their admission applications just to avoid writing admission essays.
However, this task is something you can never avoid. It is an essential part of the admission application. It should reveal your real personality and present everything that can’t be found in other parts of your application.
You might have written several college essays, but this assignment is an entirely different thing. It gives the reader a glimpse into your life and shows them your potential to be a successful candidate. Therefore, you need to pay your full attention and give your 100% to write a unique personal essay.
In this blog, you will get some amazing personal statement examples. We have carefully collected all of these examples just to help you understand the genre.
- How to Write a Personal Statement - Example
- Personal Statement Examples for College Students
- Personal Statement Examples for University Students
- Personal Statement Examples for Graduate School
- Personal Statement Examples for Business
- Personal Statement Examples for CV
- Personal Statement Examples for Scholarship
- 400 Words Personal Statement Examples
- Law School Personal Statement Examples
- Medical School Personal Statement Examples
- Personal Statement Writing Tips
How to Write a Personal Statement - Example
Before you begin writing your admission essay, the first thing you need is to learn how to write it effectively. It is not a simple task if you are not aware of the writing process. Therefore, it is important to know the basic steps and then write your essay.
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to write an admission essay. Follow the steps given in the guide and write a remarkable personal essay.
Personal Statement Examples for College Students
When you apply to a college, you need to be sure if you’ve something extraordinary to offer. Every high school student follows the same ritual of doing part-time jobs, some community services, etc. All students end up writing similar essays showing the same test scores and activities.
College admission officers are looking for something extraordinary that is unique and unusual. Something that they have not seen in any other application but yours. Here are a few examples that will show you how you can write an amazing statement for college.
Personal Statement Examples for University Students
Applying to a university and having anxiety because you need to write an essay for an admission application?
Even after graduating from college, most students cannot write a good admission essay. Either they do not have essential writing skills or do not have something interesting to tell. Whatever the reason is, they cannot come up with an interesting idea that lets them win university admission.
Therefore, we decided to help you with some winning examples. Check out the samples given below and enjoy the learning session.
Personal Statement Examples for Graduate School
Choosing the right personal statement prompt is the most important part of the whole writing process. The common app provides many prompts that you can choose for writing your essay. These prompts will give you an idea of what topics work best.
However, here are some examples for graduate school with a given prompt. Check out these samples and get an idea of how to respond to a college application essay prompt.
Personal Statement Examples for Business
Writing an admission essay for a specific subject group can create problems. But if you are passionate about your field, then this daunting task will become a piece of cake for you.
Here are some business-related examples that could help you with writer’s block.
Personal Statement Examples for CV
It is very difficult to get a job in the beginning of your career because you do not have any experience. Employers are looking for sufficiently experienced candidates who could handle their job with perfection. Surely, they believe a fresh graduate cannot do that.
Here, your statement can greatly impact your reader’s mind if it has something compelling to offer. It can convince the employer that you have the potential to fulfill their requirement.
Check out the short and simple examples that demonstrate no work experience.
Personal Statement Examples for Scholarship
A personal statement for a scholarship is slightly different from a college application essay. Here you have to show why you need the financial help and why you are the most deserving candidate. You need to convince your reader that you are the most suitable candidate for the scholarship.
Get help from the examples given below and learn how to write a scholarship essay.
400 Words Personal Statement Examples
The word limit is one of the instructions that are defined by the college committee. Students are supposed to follow all the instructions and meet the deadline. The most important instruction that students need to fulfill is to write their essay within a given word limit.
The word limit might bound you to write your essay within 400 to 650 words. Or it might exceed up to 1000 words. However, the purpose is to check whether you can share your story within the word limit or not.
Check out the example given below and learn how to write your essay within a specified word limit.
Law School Personal Statement Examples
Applying to a law school and need to write a personal statement?
Get help from the examples given below and start writing your essay for law school.
Medical School Personal Statement Examples
If you are not sure about what goes into a medical-related admission essay, get help from these examples.
The samples will help you with what you should write in your essay. These templates will also guide you on how you can impress your reader with your story.
Personal Statement Writing Tips
Students usually struggle with writing college application essays because they are unaware of the basics. They do not have good writing skills and understanding of what is required for writing a good essay. Here are the tips provided by essay experts to guide you to write an impressive personal statement.
- Choose an interesting prompt that you can easily relate to. An essay prompt is the most crucial part, which can either make or break the impression of your essay. Therefore, go with something that interests you the most, and you have something relevant to share in response to the prompt.
- It is your opportunity to sell yourself in the application process. So make sure you make the most of it.
- It gives you the freedom to write anything about yourself, so you can share whatever is important to share. You can discuss all the things that are missing in other parts of the application.
- When you start writing, grab the reader’s attention in the beginning and hook them with your essay. Open paragraphs with a scene or arouse the reader’s curiosity or intrigue them with an interesting story.
- Show your reader that you have problem-solving capabilities. It will help you impress your reader and increase your chances of getting admission.
- Share something distinctive, impressive, unique, and special about you and your life.
- Start writing a rough draft without a word counter and write everything that you want to share. Don’t worry; this is just a rough draft; you can make it perfect later.
- Take your time, stick to the plan, and concentrate on your thoughts. Find perfect words, phrases, sentences, and expressions to share your thoughts.
- You can use quotes, relevant examples, and facts from literature to make an impact. But it is better to make it your own voice, ideas, and work.
- Do not lie in your essay. Be honest and tell your true story. The admission officers have read hundreds and thousands of essays so far. They can easily recognize who is lying and who is telling the truth.
- Let someone proofread your essay. It will help you check the flow and catch mistakes.
We hope that these tips and examples will help you write your personal statement. However, if you feel the need to get help from a professional writer, we are here for you.
5StarEssays.com is a legitimate write my essay service that offers help with academic writing. You can come to us to write any type of academic essay or paper. Our writers will thoroughly read the assignment instructions and carefully incorporate them into your essay.
We are available round the clock so that you can place your order at any time of the day. Once you place your order and proceed to the payment, we’ll start working on your project immediately.
So what are you waiting for?
Head to our website and place your order now.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you write a powerful personal statement?
The only way to make your personal statement is to write in your own and distinct voice.
Do you write your name in a personal statement?
In case there are no instructions against it, you should add your full name along with the name of the document and the university and college you are writing the statement for.
What is the minimum amount of words for a personal statement?
The word count is usually between 150 and 250.
Can you lie in a personal statement?
No, you MUST not lie in your personal statement ever. The admission officers can sense the lie and it will not go in your favor.