Choosing psychology research topics is not as easy as one might think. If you have to write a good research paper, choosing a good topic is the foremost step. You may have several ideas in your mind while thinking of a topic for the research paper.
If you have chosen a broad topic, then you will have to do a lot of research and background study. It is better to choose a narrow topic so that you can focus on a particular subject while researching and writing.
Psychology is a vast subject that discusses a lot of multidisciplinary issues and brings together a wide range of topics.
You can conduct analysis and research before deciding your topic. This is the reason that it is better to go for a narrow topic. It is also easier for the researcher to research the topic and conduct analysis with proper details.
1. How to Choose a Topic
You can choose a topic from any social branch related to psychology. You can also select a topic that is related to some sort of mental illness or mental disorders.
The topic may be complex and require a lot of research and analytical study, but the writer can cover all the aspects if the topic is specific.
Choosing a good topic is the most essential step when you start writing a research proposal. An interesting and new topic is what catches your teachers attention. And it gets your idea accepted, apart from of course, a well written proposal itself.
Here is an insightful blog if you're interested in learning about writing an impressive research proposal.
2. Social Psychology Research Topics
- Racism and its effects
- Social issues involving or related to culture
- What is social depression?
- What is social cognition?
- How does social anxiety affect people?
- Gender roles in our society
- Gender discrimination and its causes
- How does peer pressure affect teenagers?
- Effect of marital disputes on children
- How do violent video games affect children and their brain development?
- Effect of violent cartoons on children's behaviour and mental state.
- How does divorce affect the emotional development of a child?
- Social anxiety and social depression on an introvert child
- How does bullying affect the social interaction of teenagers in high school or college?
- Increasing violence among teenagers and children
- What causes bullying behaviour among children?
- Factors that can contribute to delay in the mental development of a child.
- The effect of romantic movies on a child
- Is single parenting suitable for a child's mental development?
3. Psychology Research Topics for College Students
- Psychological disorders
- Causes of Social anxiety
- Phobias and Paranoias
- Causes of increasing depression among the youth
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Panic attacks and anxiety disorder
- What are the physical symptoms of a mental disorder?
- The effects of medication on your mental health
- Effects of depression on mental health
- Causes of antisocial behaviour among teenagers
- Long term effects of mental health issues
- How can drugs affect our youth's mental health in the long run?
4. Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- What are the effects of attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder on the development of a child?
- Discuss the effects of Autism.
- How is color psychology effective in cognitive development studies?
- What is the attention span and how to measure it?
- Memory loss and different ways to recover it
- How memories affect the behaviour of individuals?
- Which factors can help improve problem-solving abilities in children?
- What is a speech disorder and how it affects cognitive development?
- What is critical thinking and how to measure its ability in cognitive psychology?
- How can subconscious effect decision-making ability?
5. Developmental Psychology Research Topics
- Bullying and its effect on mind development.
- The role of media and cartoons in increasing violence.
- How violent video games and cartoons can make children violent?
- Underlying causes that can create a serial killer
- Causes of increase in the psychopathic behaviour of teenagers and youth
- Stereotypes and gender roles in our society
- Abusive parents and child development
- Effects of child abuse on the mental development of a child
- Factors that can accelerate the ageing process
- Is psychology related to the ageing process?
6. Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
- What are the causes of increasing anorexia rate in children?
- Causes of anorexia in adults
- Causes of anxiety disorder and how to overcome it
- Why is there an increase in eating disorders among the youth?
- What are the factors that contribute to an eating disorder?
- Is lying related to the psychology of a person?
- Causes of the rise in teenage suicides
- Is asexuality related to the psychology of a person?
- Psychology and suicidal thoughts
- How to control anxiety and depressing thoughts regarding death?
- What factors can cause multiple personality disorder?
- Violent video games are a cause of mood disorder among children.
- Reasons for phobias and how to deal with them
- Causes of PTSD in offices or workplace
- Is stalking considered as a psychological disorder?
7. Clinical Psychology Research Topics
- Psychology can be used to get control of chronic pain.
- Recent studies suggest that anxiety and panic attacks can be treated using cognitive therapy.
- Is behavioural therapy effective to treat criminals?
- Antidepressants can be addictive and their usage should be avoided.
- Factors that contribute to post-traumatic stress disorder
- What are the therapy practices effective in dealing with depression?
- Effect of an abusive relationship on the psychology of the victim
- Are antidepressants effective as a remedy for therapy?
- Insomnia – How to treat it in a clinical scenario?
- Which therapy practices are effective in treating addictions?
Another easy way to choose psychology research paper topics for your research paper is to write about a famous historical person.
The topic, as narrow as it is, allows the researcher to focus on specific areas. You can also choose to research and write about a psychology career. A case study on an individual by providing a detailed analysis using your research techniques.
Here are some additional research paper topics to help you carry out a meaningful and interesting research.
8. Writing on Your Research Topic
For writing a good research paper, you can follow certain ways.
You can read a good academic journal or analyze an article or a book written by a famous psychological writer.
You can also analyze the experiments and practicals performed by famous psychologists in the past.
Study popular analysis by psychologists and add your opinion regarding them in your research paper.
9. Online Writing Help
Not every student has the writing skills, or time to dedicate to a research paper. In this case, seeking help from professional writers is the best available option.
5StarEssays has a team of professional writers who can write high quality academic papers from term papers to custom essays.
Our professional essay writers have exceptional writing skills and they can help you in writing assignments within your deadline.
Contact us today and save tons of time and effort in exchange for a reasonable cost.