Top College Application Essay Examples for Students
A college essay is an important part of the application process. It is the best opportunity for students to personalize their college applications beyond academic grades. But it is also one of the daunting tasks.
If you are planning to apply to your dream college, learn how to write a great college application essay.
You can use these examples and know how to express yourself the best way by answering the most popular essay prompts.
- College Application Essay Examples for Students
- Short College Application Essay Examples
- How to Write a College Application Essay - Examples
- Honors College Application Essay Examples
- Nursing College Application Essay Examples
- Harvard College Application Essay Examples
- UC College Application Essay Examples
- Veteran College Application Essay Examples
- Engineering College Application Essay Examples
- Art College Application Essay Examples
- College Application Essay Examples About Yourself
College Application Essay Examples for Students
Writing a college application essay is not an easy task. But you can get it done the right way by following some expert tips and reading essays that worked.
Examples and sample papers will help you understand what is expected from a good college application essay.
In this article, you will find interesting college application essay examples for some of the most common prompts, such as:
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
- Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
Short College Application Essay Examples
A well-written college application essay can make a huge difference. It can favor the writer when colleges have to choose between applicants with the same qualifications and grades.
Of course, the college application essay is just one part of the admission process. Your GPA, class rank, and your extracurriculars also play an important role. Every college considers these factors differently. But colleges that require an essay give you an amazing opportunity to create a picture of who you are.
Writing a great college essay requires spending time and good writing skills. A good approach is to read some college application essay examples before starting working on your essay.
College Application Essay Examples 250 words
College Application Essay Example 300 words
College Application Essay Example 500 words
College Application Essay Example 650 words
How to Write a College Application Essay - Examples
Whatever the college essay prompt is, here are the steps that you need to follow to write a great college essay.
- Read and understand the instructions carefully.
- Create an essay plan to come up with an organized piece of writing.
- Start with an attention-grabbing introduction.
- Shape your essay around ideas and your personal beliefs.
- Avoid cliches and try to come up with a more original angle.
- Provide examples to support your ideas.
- Always make time to edit and proofread your essay.
Follow these steps for writing a great personal statement. You can also refer to the following examples for writing a college essay introduction and conclusion.
How to Start a College Application Essay - Examples
How to End a College Application Essay - Examples
Honors College Application Essay Example
An honors program often indicates high academic standards and achievements. If you have decided to apply for an honors program, you have to submit an application essay.
The goal of writing an honors application essay is to show your personal interests, skills, and what makes you unique.
Your honors application essay should address the following questions.
- What are your interests?
- Why have you chosen this particular college?
- How will the chosen program help you develop personally and professionally?
- Why should the college committee approve your application?
If you don’t know how to answer these questions, read the following college essay examples. These examples will provide you some hints that can help you write an outstanding honors application essay.
Nursing College Application Essay Example
When it comes to applying to a nursing college, a good application essay is a must. A well-written admission essay can help students who want to get into their dream nursing high school.
This essay is not just about good content, but there are some other components you need to take care of. A good nursing application essay must include the following elements.
- Things that inspire and interest you about the nursing industry
- Reasons for choosing a specific nursing program
- Previous programs related to nursing in which you have participated in
- Personal accomplishments and any volunteer work
- Work experience in a related field
- Distinctive qualities that make you stand out from others
The purpose of writing a nursing application essay is to prove that you are the best fit for the nursing program.
You can also read some college essay examples and know what elements are needed to write a successful essay.
Harvard College Application Essay Example
Do you have any idea what you should write in your Harvard college application essay?
With thousands of students applying to the best schools, it is important to have an edge in your college application essay.
There are different Harvard essay prompts that you can choose from and provide the best version of yourself. Here are the top 3 qualities of a remarkable college essay that you must address.
- Tell a story of change that has significantly impacted you as a person.
- Make the opening as interesting as possible.
- Leave a mystery at the end and let the readers know that you are okay, not aware of everything.
Check out these amazing college application essay examples for inspiration.
UC College Application Essay Example
If you are planning to apply to any California University campus, then there is one difficult challenge ahead of you. All applicants need to answer the four personal insight questions out of eight.
The actual UC essay prompts are:
- Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time.
- Every person has a creative side, and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving, original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express your creative side.
- What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?
- Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
- Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?
- Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this interest inside and outside of the classroom.
- What have you done to make your school or your community a better place?
- Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believe makes you stand out as a strong candidate for admissions to the University of California?
Before addressing these questions, you need to understand what the college is asking you for? What answers are they looking for? And the most important is what admission committee members care about?
The UC college application essay is your way to give colleges a sense of your personality. It should demonstrate your perspective on the world and the experiences that have shaped your thinking.
The college is meant to reveal your thoughts and feelings. Now, let’s read some amazing college essay examples to develop the best ideas for your UC college essay.
Veteran College Application Essay Example
If you are applying for college at different points of your life, your application essay should also be different. Admission committee members are expecting a much different college admission essay. With that in mind, here are some important considerations to keep in mind when writing a college essay as a veteran.
For veterans, show your personality in your writing and ditch the military writing style. Because most of the admission committee members have little to no information about the military. So, it is better to translate your experiences that the committee members can easily understand.
We recommend you read some veteran college essay examples before starting working on your essay. These examples will help you understand what information is best to include in your college essay.
Engineering College Application Essay Example
Don’t know how to write a great engineering college application essay?
A college application essay is not just a simple essay. It has to be engaging, smart, typo-free, and unique.
It should convince the college admission committee members that you are the best fit for their program. With great research and preparation, you can submit a great engineering college essay that reflects your true passion.
Here are the top three tips that you can follow for writing a stellar engineering college application essay.
- Take time to research the prospective engineering and read its application essay prompt.
- Explain why you have applied and demonstrate your academic goals.
- Discuss your experiences and other activities that relate to your academic as well as career goals.
You can also read the following college essay examples to learn about some specific strategies that you can employ.
Art College Application Essay Example
If an art school has made it compulsory to submit an essay, it can be your best opportunity. It will let the committee members know that you are more than just what you have mentioned in your application.
Whether you are a top student or perhaps received not so good grades, an art college essay is all you need. It will help you to showcase your direction as an artist.
It will also help you in showcasing your additional accomplishments to stand out from other applicants.
Here are some examples that you can read to understand what should be included in your essay for an art school.
College Application Essay Example About Yourself
Writing about yourself can be tough. When applying to any college, essay topics feel so easy and yet leave you completely blank.
Colleges are looking for those students who know themselves well and have a career direction.
If you need to write a college admission essay on yourself, here are some examples for your better understanding.
College Application Essay Example - Why Us
Any idea how to write a perfect ‘Why us’ college essay? But why do colleges want you to write ‘Why us’ essays?
The purpose of writing a ‘why us’ college essay is to show committee members that you know and value their school.
Have a look at these essays that worked, and understand how you can better respond to a specific prompt.
Refer to these college essay examples and learn how to best answer the most popular prompts on the common app.
Remember your college application essay is one of the most important components of your application process. Invest track of time and present the best version of yourself. It will pay far more than just a greatly desired college acceptance.
If you are still unsure how to craft a successful college essay, get professional help from experts at 5StarEssays.com.
We have a dedicated team of writers who will respond to your ‘write my essay’ request. We will know about your background, personal interests and will walk you through the whole writing process. In the end, you will get your hand on a unique essay that you will be proud of.
Place your order now, and let us craft you a great college, or elementary school essay.