Narrative Essay Topics - Best Topic Ideas for Your Essay
A narrative essay is similar to storytelling. Writing a narrative essay means that the writer is narrating a story. It can be related to a person, place, personal experience, or event in your life.
Narrative essays tell the story of your life. When you write a narrative essay, you are telling someone about an important experience or event. A good narrative essay should have some kind of personal connection with the reader.
Also, the best narrative essay topics are ones that you can write about with passion. If you're not able to find the right topic for your narrative essay, try looking into some of the topics given in the blog.
- Narrative Essay Topics for Students
- Narrative Argument Essay Topics
- Morality Narrative Essay Topics
- Relationship Narrative Essay Topics
- Childhood Narrative Essay Topics
- Work Narrative Essay Topics
- Traveling Narrative Essay Topics
- Cultural Narrative Essay Topics
- Experience Narrative Essay Topics
- Interesting Narrative Essay Topics
- General Narrative Essay Topics
- How to Choose a Good Narrative Essay Topic?
Like any other essay, you need to choose an essay topic before starting with narrative essay writing. It may seem easy, but finding good narrative essay topics can be hard.
Therefore, you need to know how to find and choose a topic for your narrative essay.
Narrative Essay Topics for Students
Now you know how to choose a topic for a great narrative essay. The next step is to research and find a good topic idea on your own. However, if you are still struggling, we have given some great narrative essay ideas to choose from.
Personal Narrative Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- 3 Reasons Why disappointment is good
- What love means to you
- How to write a speech about a person you admire
- An unpleasant childhood experience
- Discuss loyal friends in your life
- Imagine living on another planet. How would it be?
- A memory from your vacations
- Talk about your school and what makes you love it.
- An experience that put you in danger
- Share the experience of your first trip abroad.
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 7
- A day when you got lost
- How did your father propose to your mom?
- What do you want to be and why?
- Describe your hero
- Imagine you were invisible. Describe what you would do
- Talk about the person you are most afraid to lose.
- A misunderstanding with another person
- An interesting episode from your school days
- How you lost your best friend
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 8
- One of your most amazing childhood shows and characters
- Describe the things in life that you are grateful for
- As a child, what is your role in the family?
- If you are a teacher, what would you do when your students feel bored?
- What things make you feel angry and why?
- What is your favorite commercial on TV?
- What friendship means to you
- An exciting experience that put you in danger
- A funny story that made you feel embarrassed
- A quick trip to your childhood
- A sneak peeks into learning a new skill.
Narrative Essay Topics for High School Students
- My favorite weather story.
- If I were president.
- If I had a million dollars.
- This made me laugh.
- The end of my first relationship
- The day I lost a loved one.
- When you experienced rejection.
- My greatest accomplishment.
- I would like to invent this.
- A story of you playing in the rain.
Narrative Essay Topics for College Students
- Interesting books for students to read this summer
- First day at college
- Poems you’ve read this year
- Do you have a diary or journal?
- Reasons you should start your own blog.
- How often do you use Facebook?
- Your favorite pop star
- Favorite childhood games
- Who is your role model?
- A teacher you will never forget.
Narrative Argument Essay Topics
- Should nuclear weapons be outlawed?
- Is animal testing necessary?
- Pressure on teenagers to go to college
- Does religion cause war?
- Should abortion be illegal?
- Is it okay for parents to monitor teens’ Internet use?
- Humans are the main cause of natural disasters.
- Social media is the reason behind conflicts between family members.
- Share a memorable moment of your childhood in a scholarship essay.
- When you fought with your brother while playing a video game
Morality Narrative Essay Topics
- Does modern society lack the moral values of the past?
- What is your opinion about racial discrimination?
- What are the key moral values in your life?
- What is your personal view regarding morality?
- Have you inherited your moral values?
- Do you think your ancestors had different moral values?
- How do you understand other people's moral values? Is it difficult for you to accept them or not?
- What was the best morality lesson for you?
- Lack of morality is the root cause of social destruction. Discuss.
- How can we promote moral lessons in schools?
Relationship Narrative Essay Topics
- How do you know if there are no sparks in your relationship anymore?
- Does arguing with your parents affect your social life?
- When do you know you have met “the one”?
- Does being a feminist influence your relationships?
- Is marrying old-fashioned?
- Does forgiveness matter in a relationship?
- How do you eradicate misunderstandings and arguments from your relationships?
- Reasons for the distance between parents and children.
- Both partners need to work together to make a relationship successful. Discuss.
- Traditional Vs. Modern Household System. Which is better and why?
Childhood Narrative Essay Topics
- What was your first day of school like for you?
- What was your favorite school activity as a child?
- Who was your favorite teacher? And Why?
- What was the most mischievous event of your childhood?
- How did you manage the bullies of your school?
- Who was your role model when you were a child?
- Do you think teachers should be friendly? If yes, then why?
- Have you ever pranked anyone? What was the result?
- Did you like any particular subject when in school?
- Do childhood friends influence us? How?
Work Narrative Essay Topics
- How to engage employees in the work environment?
- How to reduce stress at the workplace?
- How do you manage strict deadlines?
- What kind of experience do you have while hiring an online employee?
- What to do when you think your work-life is falling apart?
- How to avoid harassment in the workplace?
- Promoting equality in the workplace.
- Men and women employees should be treated equally; discuss.
- Having a plant wall in the workplace is healthy.
- Companies should give healthy lunch options at subsidized prices. Discuss.
Traveling Narrative Essay Topics
- Do you need a large budget for traveling?
- Is it safe to travel the world on your own?
- Is travel photography a difficult art to master?
- Should you quit your job if you want to travel?
- Can too much traveling be boring?
- What to do when you travel to the city of your dreams?
- What can you learn from traveling to non-tourist areas?
- Is it possible to explore a location without knowing that place's language?
- How does traveling affect your worldview?
- How can you travel on a low budget?
Cultural Narrative Essay Topics
- What is called pop culture?
- How does the media influence our beliefs?
- What is a cultural norm?
- What does it mean to be Native American in the twenty-first century?
- What can a person learn from personal discovery?
- Why are food traditions still important to some people?
- Why do people take health for granted
- What can a person learn from personal discovery?
- Tell us about your unique family tradition.
- A tradition that surprised you
Experience Narrative Essay Topics
- Discuss the most embarrassing moment of your life.
- Which is the scariest incidence of your life?
- Real-life values that you learned from an experience.
- The experience that taught you the value of family and friends.
- How did you learn to control your fear?
- The most helpful experience of your life.
- How did you learn to appreciate the value of life?
- When did you feel the happiest?
- A memorable family picnic.
- The experience of the first job.
Interesting Narrative Essay Topics
- Describe the most amazing movie that you ever watched.
- Describe the most touching song that you heard last time.
- The superpower that you want to have and why?
- Any book characters that you relate with?
- The movie that you want to direct and why?
- Do you have any hidden talent? When did you discover it?
- Which is your favorite TV character?
- Any TV stars who you would like to meet in real life?
- Are you a sports fanatic? Describe your favorite sport.
- Who is your favorite tennis player, and why?
General Narrative Essay Topics
- Write about the scariest moment in your life. How did a scary moment teach you to be brave?
- Challenges are important for improvement. Discuss.
- Describe your visit to a flea market. Did you get anything valuable there?
- Do you believe that you should treat others as you would like to be treated? Describe any relevant experience.
- Siblings help develop our personalities. Describe how did yours contribute to your personal development.
- Watching someone you love suffering is hard. Describe your experience when you felt this pain.
- Kindness keeps this world warm. Discuss the statement with relevant examples and personal life experiences.
- Imperfection is a blessing. Discuss a lesson learned through mistakes.
- Self-criticism is hard but useful. Write about your experience when you rectified your flaw.
- Being right does not mean being easy. Write about the event in your life when you had difficulty because you were right.
How to Choose a Good Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing a good topic for your high school or college narrative writing involves a set of steps. By following them, you will find relevant narrative topics that you could use in your essay.
The steps include:
Brainstorming is important. Make a list of essay ideas and research them. See what information you can find about them and choose the essay topic that you are confident about.
Planning before writing is a rule of thumb. Research the stories, ideas and decide which ones you will add to your narrative essay. Decide the number of paragraphs and the ideas for them. Make points and refer to them when writing the essay.
3. Proving the Main Point
Every essay has the main point; what is yours? When you write a narrative essay, you share your experience and try to persuade the reader to share it. They may have a different viewpoint. But, through your essay, you tell an interesting story and convince them to agree with your point of view.
A good narrative essay is all about storytelling. This could be through the character’s voice or the writer’s voice. Feel free to choose any voice but be consistent. Do not shift from the first person to third-person narration and vice versa.
5. Essay Structure
No great narrative essay is without a proper structure. An essay structure includes an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. The usual number of paragraphs in the main body is three, but you can increase it if needed.
Choose the best topic from the list given above and start writing your narrative essay. You can use these topics for narrative speech as well. These narrative essay writing topics will make a great essay for any academic level.
Still wondering how you would write a great narrative essay?
We have a professional essay writer for you. 5StarEssays.com writing service is expert and offers affordable writing help for high school, college, and higher-level students. We are diligent in choosing and hiring writers and work with only the best writers.
Our writers can handle 20+ other subjects, including custom essays and research papers. You can trust your academic papers with our top-ranked write my essay service and enjoy high grades.
Feel free to contact us any time and order your narrative essay.