Process Analysis Essay: Step-by-Step Guide
Students panic at the sight of different essays. They get overwhelmed just by looking at the strange names of different types of essays. If you are facing the same situation because you got assigned a process analysis essay and don’t know what it is then you are at the right place.
Essay writing sure sounds like a complicated task, but with the help of this step-by-step guide we aim to make it much easier to understand and craft.
- 1. What is a Process Analysis Essay?
- 2. How to Write a Process Analysis Essay?
- 3. Choosing A Topic
- 3.1 Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
- 3.2 Process Analysis Essay Topics for College Students
- 4. Process Analysis Essay Outline
- 5. Process Analysis Essay Examples
1. What is a Process Analysis Essay?
Process analysis essay is a type of expository essays, where the aim is to inform the reader about each step of the process at hand. Explain the process in such a way that even the most difficult task is easy to understand and perform.
Process analysis essay definition:
“A process analysis essay is a simple piece of writing that answers “how to and what” questions. In other words, it answers what a particular thing or task is and how is it done?”
Think of writing a process analysis paper as writing a recipe, where you point out all the required ingredients with the directions telling what to do at each step.
Remember that the steps describing how a certain process takes place must always be presented in a sequential order.
Here is a detailed blog on expository essay to improve your understanding.
2. How to Write a Process Analysis Essay?
Process essay writing isn't as difficult as it sounds. All you need to show is how a certain action or process is done. Simply describe and explain the steps involved and you are good to go.
The first step of writing a process essay is to have a topic to write on. You can't explain how something is done when you don't know what it is, can you?
You can even craft a process essay on the topic “How to write a process essay?”
How interesting is that?
However, we have a list of some interesting topics that will help you write an informative essay.
3. Choosing A Topic
Most high school or college teachers leave the job of finding the essay topic with the students. If you have the liberty to choose your desired topic then keep the following points in mind:
- Go for a topic you are well aware of
- Keep your reader's interest in mind
- Narrow your focus
- Use words to explain the process instead of pictures
- The topic must be relevant to your subject
3.1 Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
Here are a few topic ideas to get you started:
- How can the citizens prevent civil wars from taking place?
- How can an addict let go of harmful addictions with the help of meditation?
- How to survive College living on a tight budget?
- How can one apply for College abroad?
- How can we survive recession if governments work together?
- How do Muslims pray?
- How can one become a millionaire by the age of 30?
- How to prepare for a College admission interview?
- Explain how our immune system works to protect the human body.
- Explain the role of semantic memory in psychoanalysis.
3.2 Process Analysis Essay Topics for College Students
- How to move to a different country?
- How to start a YouTube channel?
- How to make a movie/short film?
- How can you have the perfect summer?
- How can you grow organic vegetables using biology?
- How to make new friends at a new school?
- How to stop being an introvert?
- How to keep your parents happy?
- How can someone become a better writer?
- How to carry out research at college level?
4. Process Analysis Essay Outline
In order to start a process essay logically it is suggested that you follow a defined outline or structure. Similar to other types of papers, a process essay structure also comprises an introduction, body and conclusion.
The only different elements here are the body paragraphs, where you don't need to present a claim and support it with evidence. You don't have to look up facts or evidence to prove your point as all you are stating is a simple direction.
- Open with an interesting piece of information to attract the reader’s attention.
- Introduce your main topic in a few words.
- Describe the purpose of the process.
- Briefly explain why this process is useful and worth learning.
- Describe the risks or side effects as well as the expected results if the steps are followed correctly.
- Divide the entire process into different steps.
- Present each step in a separate paragraph.
- Use transitional words to move from one paragraph to another smoothly.
- Adopt a descriptive writing style.
- Summarize the overall steps of the process.
- Don't repeat the instructions or ingredients.
- Highlight the main stages. Give some notes or pointers if needed.
- Explain the results.
5. Process Analysis Essay Examples
The best way to learn how to write an essay is to go through its samples written by other students or experts. It will not only give you understand the topic better, but also give you insight of the correct writing structure. Here we have written an expository essay sample to improve your knowledge on this particular genre of writing.
Process Essay on Baking a Cake
Do you want to surprise your mom with a homemade birthday cake? Here’s how you can bake a simple chocolate cake.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
1 cup sugar (white or brown)
½ cup salted butter
2 medium-size eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Grease a 9x9 inch pan or muffin tray with paper liners
In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar and butter.
Add eggs to the mixture and beat them at medium speed. Stir in vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder and add it to the mixture.
Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
To check whether it is done insert a toothpick if it comes back clean that means your cake is cooked.
Let it cool for 20 minutes.
Here is a complete essay or you can use the above given instructions to craft your own:
5.1 Process Analysis Essay Example
5.2 Process Analysis Essay Template
Get Professional Help
We hope that you were able to understand process analysis essays a little better with the help of this guide. If you are stick stuck or need some professional assistance with your essay, our expert essay writers are available to lend a helping hand. Reach out to us today and get a perfectly crafted, A-grade worthy process essay!