Are you assigned to write an essay on obesity?
First of all, you should know what obesity is. Obesity is a widely growing disease. 1 in every 3 people is obese in the United States.
Do you see any obese people around you?
No? Well, the problem still exists.
Consider yourself lucky if you have healthy and slender people around you.
Junk food chains have caused a sudden increase in the obesity rate. The growing popularity of having fruits, vegetables and eating healthy has not affected the significant increase in the obesity rate.
This is a disease that affects all age groups including children and elderly people.
Now that you know what obesity actually is, writing an essay won’t be that difficult for you.
Do you need help?
If writing an essay is the actual problem and not just the topic, you can always hire an essay writing service for your help.
Are you struggling to write an effective essay?
The easiest way is to type “write my essay” online and you will find plenty of essay writing services. All you have to do is contact an essay writer and let him know about your demands and what type of essay do you want.
Most of the times, your professors assign you with the topic of your essay. But as soon as you join high school, you have to do everything on your own.
Are you struggling with choosing a good essay topic?
Yes, choosing a topic might be an overwhelming task. There are tons of thoughts in your mind regarding the topic. Brainstorm different ideas and narrow them down to one, quality topic.
If you need some examples to help you with your essay topic related to obesity, dive into this article and choose a topic for your essay on obesity.
Essay topics related to Childhood Obesity
As mentioned earlier, obesity can affect any age group including children. Overweight children look very cute and bubbly but don’t let this fool you. Obesity can cause several health problems in the future.
Here are a few topics you can discuss when writing an essay related to childhood obesity.
- What are the causes of increasing obesity in children?
- Obese parents can risk the chances of having children with obesity.
- What is the ratio of obesity between adults and children?
- What can be the possible treatments for obese children?
- Are there any social programs that can help children with obesity?
- Has technology boosted the rate of obesity in children?
- The children are spending more time on gadgets instead of playing outside.
- Schools should encourage regular exercises and sports among children.
- How can sports and other physical activities protect children from the evil of obesity?
- Can childhood abuse be a cause of obesity among children?
- What is the relationship between neglect in childhood and obesity in adulthood?
- Does obesity have any effect on the psychological condition and well-being of a child?
- Can obese children affect other children in their surroundings?
- Can obesity among children and adults influence people personally?
- Has the technology in the field of medicine helped in detecting obesity at an early stage?
- Are electronic medical records effective in diagnosing obesity among children?
- Obesity can affect the academic performance of your child.
- Do you believe that children who are raised by a single parent can be vulnerable to obesity?
- You can promote interesting exercises to encourage children.
- What is the main cause of obesity and why is it increasing with every passing day?
- Schools and colleges should play their role in decreasing obesity among children and adults.
- The government should not allow schools and colleges to include sweet or fatty snacks as a part of their lunch.
- If a mother is obese, can it affect the health of the child?
- Child obesity can trigger chronic diseases.
Argumentative Obesity essay topics
Do you want to write an argumentative essay?
Don’t worry; we are going to help you with that!
Here are some examples you can choose from for your argumentative essay on obesity.
- Can vegetables and fruits decrease the chances of obesity?
- Should you go for surgery to overcome obesity? Are there any harmful side effects?
- Can obesity be related to the mental condition of an individual?
- Are parents responsible for controlling obesity or it depends on the individual himself?
- Does the warning statement on food packages work? Do they affect the individual’s mind?
- What are the most effective measures to prevent the increase in obesity rate?
- Why is obesity rate increasing in the United States?
- Can the lifestyle of a person be a cause of obesity?
- Does the economic situation of a country affect the obesity rate?
- How is obesity considered as an international health issue?
- Can technology and gadgets affect obesity rates?
- What can be the possible reasons for obesity in a school?
- How can we address the issue of obesity?
- Is obesity a chronic disease?
- Is obesity the major cause of heart attacks?
- Are the junk food chains causing an increase in obesity?
- Do nutritional programs help in reducing the obesity rate?
- How can the right type of diet help with obesity?
- Why should we encourage sports activities in schools and colleges?
- Can obesity affect a person’s behavior?
Topics for your research paper on obesity
If you are writing a research paper, you can explain the cause and effect of obesity.
Remember, the cause of obesity will be different for every person. The same goes for its effects on the human body.
Here are a few topics that link to the cause and effects of obesity.
- Review the literature of previous articles related to obesity. Describe the ideas presented in the previous papers.
- Can family history cause obesity in future generations?
- Can we predict obesity considering genetics?
- What is the cause of increasing obesity rate?
- Do you think the increase in fast food restaurants is a cause of rising obesity rate?
- Is the ratio of obese women greater than obese men?
- Why are women more prone to be obese as compared to men?
- Stress can be a cause of obesity. Mention the reasons how mental health can be related to physical health.
- Is urban life a cause of increasing obesity rate?
- People from cities are prone to be obese as compared people from the countryside.
- What are the cultures and countries with a greater obesity rate?
- Are media and advertisements affecting the eating habits of people?
- Are children more prone to fast food commercials as compared to adults?
- How obesity affects the life expectancy of people? What are possible solutions to decrease the obesity rate?
- Analyze any articles written by researchers by explaining different variables involved.
- Do family eating habits affect or trigger obesity?
- How eating habits affect the health of an individual?
- How can obesity affect the future of a child?
- Obese children are more prone to get bullied in high school and college.
- Why should schools encourage more sports and exercise for children?
Obesity Essay topics related to Economics
Do you think a rise in obesity rate can affect the economy of a country?
Here are some topics you can choose from related to economics and obesity.
- Does socioeconomic status affect the possibility of obesity in an individual?
- Analyze the film and write a review on “Fed Up” – an obesity epidemic.
- Share your reviews on the movie “The Weight of The Nation.”
- Should we increase the prices of fast food and decrease the prices of fruits and vegetable to decrease obesity?
- Do you think food prices can be a cause of obesity?
- Describe what measures other countries have taken to control the evil of obesity?
- The government should play an important role in controlling obesity. What are the necessary precautions according to you?
- Do you think obesity can be one of the reasons to get bullied?
- Do obese people experience any sort of discrimination or inappropriate behavior due to their weight?
- Are there any legal protections for people who suffer from discrimination due to their weight?
- Which communities have a higher percentage of obesity in the United States?
- Discuss the side effects of the fast food industry and their advertisements on children.
- Describe how the increasing obesity rate has affected the economic condition of the United States.
- What is the current percentage and situation of obesity all over the world? Is the obesity rate increasing with every passing day?
- Why is obesity rate higher in the United States as compared to other countries?
- Do Asians have a greater percentage of obese people as compared to Europe?
- Does the culture difference affect the eating habits of an individual?
- Obesity and Body Shaming
- Why is skinny body considered to be ideal? Is it an effective way to reduce the obesity rate?
- Will increasing the tax on sweets affect their rate of consumption?
- Should the government increase the taxes on fizzy and carbonated drinks?
Essay topics on Treatment of Obesity
With all the development in medicine and technology, we still don’t have exact measures to treat obesity.
Here are some insights you can discuss in your essay.
Some examples of an essay topic related to obesity can be as follows.
- How can obese people suffer from metabolic complications?
- Describe the fat distribution in obese people.
- Is diabetes related to obesity?
- Are obese people more prone to suffer from diabetes in the future?
- How are cardiac diseases related to obesity?
- Can obesity affect a woman’s childbearing time phase?
- Describe the digestive diseases related to obesity.
- An obese woman can transmit obesity to her children.
- Obesity can cause a higher risk of suffering a heart attack.
- What are the causes of obesity? What health problems can be caused if an individual suffers from obesity?
- What are the side effects of surgery to overcome obesity?
- Which drugs are effective when it comes to the treatment of obesity?
- Is there a difference between being obese and overweight?
- Can obesity affect the sociological perspective of an individual?
- Explain how an obesity treatment works.
Writing an essay is not a dreadful task. All you need is to be organized and clear when it comes to academic writing.
- Choose a topic you would like to write on.
- Organize your thoughts.
- Pen down your ideas.
- Compose a perfect essay that will help you ace your subject.
Were the topics useful for you?
Is there any other topic you would suggest while writing on obesity?